Saturday, June 28, 2014

Say "I Love You" as much as you can...

Good morning...

I was planning on writing a blog about bullying this weekend... I was bullied a lot as a kid, I never quite fit in and thought that there might be people who would relate. But I can't. My mind is only focusing on one thing right now.

My grandmother passed away...

Friday June 27, 2014 at 7:30pm EST my grandmother's heart gave up, and she left this world. She is no longer suffering, as these past six months she was in and out of the hospital. Those of you reading this who know me, know I don't like to talk about these kinds of things much... Some of you may be surprised to know this was going on.

My grandmother was an amazing woman... All grandmothers tend to be... I loved and continue to love her so much! She could laugh... I could make that woman's belly jiggle when she laughed! Hahahah! It was like watching Mrs Clause actually! All jolly and happy! She was a very sassy giving woman with a sharp tongue and a warm heart. I am blessed to have been able to pass these 15 years living in the same country as her.

I came back to Montreal to study in 2000 and it is with my grandmother that I stayed until I got my bearings in check and moved out on my own. She didn't have much, but what she had she would always give. I remember one time we had a conversation and she said to me "Kym, if I have to put my 3 children, their husbands and their children in my house and we're all living one on top of the other, I am fine with that..."

She taught me so much, some of the lessons I kept and some of them, well... You know how Calculus doesn't apply to certain people... Heheheh! But I kept more than I left.

She was a proud woman.

Always loving her children.

Always giving as much as she could.

I love her...

I miss her...

So as I sit here in front of this machine, sending my thoughts and emotions out into the world for you to read, remember this one thing in your life:

Say "I Love You" as much as you can...




Thank you for reading
See you on the other side
--
Kym Dominique-Ferguson
The Jamhaitianadian

No comments:

Post a Comment